Pages

Followers

Friday, September 7, 2012

Run with MILES


running for the first time after a month resting; exhausting

Running alone without friends or pacer really challenged me.. thanks to those at the roadsides, holding motivational signs. that made me not to walk or stop running. I don't use energy gel (Gugel, energy bar, etc) cuz i forgot to buy. I feel like orang asli. Yela, usually ppl run with modern gadgets and those side nutritions. Like them. Here in america, you'll see a lot.

So, how's the atmosphere running in a different environment. For me, I feel the same cuz the weather didn't make much difference with Malaysia. It is in between summer and fall, so it is humid and normal sunshine that's similar to Malaysia.  I woke up at 5.30 am and cycle to downtown around 5-6km away from my house. Luckily I have a bicycle. If not, i would just be tired from walking. About from Ampang point to Ampang Park? That's the comparison for it. After the run, I need to cycle back to my home sweet home. Memang rasa macam buat Duathlon. 



The route was mostly flat, but there's a bit hilly here and there; around 10-15 degree incline. The timing that i got for my 3rd HM.. without any training at all, was such an attainment or me. I guess this is the after effect after training more than my legs could handle it before the Standard Charted HM. We used miles here; 13.1 miles for 21km. I tried my best to think that 1 mile = 1km. It's a bit hard because you can really feel the distance, it's way further. Extra 600m?

My left foot which at the back of it (I don't know how to describe it) The place where we always get blisters, it hurt at the last 3 miles. My body wanted me to stop running and asked me to walk. Well said, this is the effect for not training. I ignored the hard and harsh voice and listen to another voice inside me. Just think that it's 3 km away, and you off to Chicago to enjoy your holiday! :) My 1st and 3rd HM was similar, cuz i ran alone without any training and no one I know is running with me. 


Timing: 2:14:58
Rank: 388/1500 (overall). 5/18 (age category 18-19)


I don't think it has much difference except the MEDAL! It is really cool and it's like persuading you to join another run. It's not just a plain one with a single color and boring string (again I dunno what to call it). Anyway, every woman received a rose after the race, and I still keep mine! It's drying out now :P



I am lucky to have a new friend from China to come and to take some photos of me! Thank you!

No comments: