Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

running life has ended...

salam to readers. *waving high* hi all!!

Salam ramadhan :) Selamat berpuasa semua!

multiply deeds, minus greed

I know, this blog has not been updated for soooo long. So, what's up with the title? err.. i bet my running life has ended..wait.. hmm hmm.. In malaysia only, I guess so..Haha.. hopefully my passion in running will continue even when i am far far away from my beloved maternal family & my running family - TTKuda Runners.

A few months to go before flying off, they all has started to call me "US runner" and i feel like "ohmai, looks like i have to continue running" haha. Looks like I have to do it not because of myself? rite? I am not so sure about this. As we all know, the whites have long sexy legs, better endurance and stamina, way fitter than us - Malaysians. I am petite and who am I compare to them? Wait a sec, why am I being so sceptical? Malaysians are great too.. or to be more specific, the Malays are good too. I don't have the intention to be racist, but as far as I can see, there are more numbers of chinese that participated in this sporty events. Sorry to say, but that's the fact. Thankfully, more malays are interested in running nowadays :)

"i hope you could join me one day, boy"

So hell no, I will be stopping taking small steps to achieve one of my dreams. Who knows IF I train hard or train with the whites, I might be as good as Kak Amelia Musa? "Dream on sya, Dream on" You are just little kid with short legs that can go NOWHERE. "Shit u!" haha, okay, sorry. haha (don't get irritated with the haha please)

Let's recap the running events that I have been joining in year 2012.

a medal is left out : Runfest Cyberjaya (termasuk dalam koleksi 2011)

  • Cyberjaya Runfest
  • World Kidney day Run
  • UM run
  • Energizer Night Run
  • PJ Dawn 2012
  • Standard Charted Fun Run
  • Ekiden International Run
  • Team Malaysia FAN run
  • Kajang Jogathon
  • Standard Charted Kuala Lumpur Marathon
  • Cycle Hunt (government)
  • Feel Good Run
  • Men's Health / Shape Up night run
  • Orang run BHP

So, there you go!
I started to get serious in running this year, around end of march after I bought a new pair of shoes (brooks pureconnect). The first event with kinda serious training was Energizer Night Run. I posted about it in my earlier post and managed to get top 10. After that event, my friends and I realized that I can go far if I put lots of effort in it. So, a lil bit of intensive training with the help of volunteered coaches. Thanks to Abg Din and abg Shah. Alhamdulillah, membuahkan hasil :)
Abg din - Our Country Marathoner


Abg shah (with the cap) - among the top for Malaysia Adventure Race


These two people had a great influence in me and not to forget my fellow friends especially to my running pacer, Hidayat Ismail, without you, I won't break the record and succeed in missions. These memories will never fade away. Ada yang part kena marah, nangis, laughters, semua la! Kaki-kaki kawan-kawan kita, jalan kengkang, tempang, turun tangga macam orang tak pandai jalan. Perkenalan kita yang singkat ini, banyak merubah kehidupan saya. Lebih kurang 3 bulan je kan baru kenal? Semua friendly belaka, memang thumbs up!  Enough said, it brought me tears whenever i think about it. Anyway, Million thanks to each one of you! *virtual group hug* sorry, but i am not good in words :P

with the pacer :)

He helped me to break some records @ personal best.
[Half marathon 21km : less than 2 hours] [12km : 65 mins]


Frankly speaking, I am such a lazy ass when it comes to training, speed work and all. Speed work? SCARY GILA! So, what can you expect when you only had a month training for the half marathon. haha. Impressive result tak? *kembang hidung jap*


Alhamdulillah, my 10km is in balance pace and timing. But since Ramadhan has arrrived, I've stop running ever since. I don't feel like it. I don't have the eagerness and spirit. Hopefully, after raya it will come back. Besides that, I understand that my right calf is DESPERATELY in need of rest. He's been aching and depressed for so long (since April). I think it's getting better now. SHIN SPLIN GO AWAY!

TTKUDA RUNNERS

Bangi gang


Till we meet again EVERYONE! From the bottom of my heart, I am gonna miss each one of you. Semangat, sokongan, & tunjuk ajar yang telah diberikan sangat-sangat saya hargai. Insyaallah bakal kembali dengan harapan dan semangat yang baru :")

5 comments:

Azrul Adnan said...

Sya, keep running and congrats for the all achievement..See you again!

fazilah razman said...

wahh, hebatnya dik..dalam berapa bulan je, da lari sebanyak ni..tak terkejar ni..huhu..ape pon, keep it up!..~ ^^v

syasya said...

thanks azrul! :) till we meet again :") kak fazilah! :) semoga akak naik podium satu hari nnt! u can do it :)

Azrul Adnan said...

most welcome..insyaallah sya..btw bangi gang should change to #jebatrunners :)

fazilah razman said...

ameen3..time kasih..awak juge..hope dapat lari sesama bile da balik mesia nnt..itu pun kalau still lari lagi la..huhu..~